Pages

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Baby Brain


Baby Brain

Throw the dish in the oven, note to self: ‘do not burn’
How I wish daddy were home so he could take a turn.

Teach the big one her colours, teach the little one to roll
Just found my first grey – mommyhood sure takes its toll.

‘Come on, eat your snack’, we’ve got no time to spare
Oh dear, how did my gum wind up in your hair?

And oatmeal on your shirt, after I just got you dressed!
If only I could trade in some chores for a rest.

The laundry pile keeps growing, the kitchen won’t stay clean,
I would love to be nice, but my bark is getting mean.

Change a bum, pay some bills, don’t forget to clean the tub,
The little one just spat-up, I guess she needs a scrub.

Note to self: ‘they’ll grow up fast, just enjoy them while you can’
Easy to say, hard to do…maybe it was written by a man

Phew – they’re both napping, should I take a wee break?
Hmmm, skipping naps is usually my biggest mistake.

Okay, maybe just for a minute…but why do I hear a bell?
Not the phone, not the alarm - oh S#*&, what’s that smell?

1 comment: